Friday, May 15, 2026
Philips News - Latest Nigerian News & Breaking Headlines
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Special Features
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Philips News - Latest Nigerian News & Breaking Headlines
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Special Features
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Philips News - Latest Nigerian News & Breaking Headlines
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Peter Obi Breaks Silence on Meeting with Former President Jonathan

Philips News by Philips News
April 28, 2026
in Politics
Peter Obi Breaks Silence on Meeting with Former President Jonathan

Former President Jonathan in handshake with Peter Obi.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Peter Obi has broken his silence on the meeting with former President Jonathan.

Philips News reports that Peter Obi, a chieftain of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), says his visit to former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is directly linked to preparations for the 2027 general election.

You might also like

Seyi Makinde Joins 2027 Presidential Contest, Picks APM Platform

Why PRP Rejected Peter Obi, Kwankwaso for 2027 Alliance – Baba-Ahmed

Governor Fubara Speaks On Defecting to NDC from APC

This online newspaper had reported earlier that the 2023 Labour Party Presidential candidate and some Southeast leaders met with Jonathan at the former President’s residence in Abuja on Monday.

Speaking after the visit, Jonathan revealed that he had consulted him about the 2027 general elections in the interest of Nigeria, noting that their discussions focused on how to reposition Nigeria and explore how all leaders can come together in the efforts to make the country better.

The former Anambra Governor maintained that the 2027 elections in Nigeria must not just be seen as another political exercise, but as a critical opportunity to reset the country.

Revealing the purpose for his meeting with Jonathan in a post on the micro-blogging site, X (formerly Twitter), Obi said: “In continuation of my extensive consultations with Nigerian leaders, today, notable South East Leaders, and I visited our respected former President Goodluck Jonathan on a consultation regarding the 2027 general elections and, more importantly, the future of our dear nation.

“Our discussions were frank, thoughtful, and anchored on the urgent need to reposition Nigeria on the path of unity, security, stability, productivity, and inclusive governance. At a time when our nation continues to grapple with economic hardship, rising insecurity, and deepening social divisions, it has become imperative that Leaders across regions come together to reflect, consult, and act in the overall interest of the Nigerian people.

“Nigeria today requires leadership that is guided not by personal ambition, but by competence, character, capacity, and compassion. The kind of leadership that understands that governance is not about sharing what is left, but about creating what is needed. We must move from a consumption-driven nation to a production-driven one, where our vast human and natural resources are effectively harnessed for the common good.

“The 2027 elections must therefore not just be seen as another political exercise, but as a critical opportunity to reset the trajectory of our country. It must be about the Nigerian child who deserves quality education, the struggling entrepreneur who needs a conducive environment to thrive, and the millions of citizens who simply desire a secure and functional nation.

“I remain convinced that through sincere dialogue, unity of purpose, and a firm commitment to doing what is right, Nigeria can and will rise again.

“A new Nigeria is POssible. -PO”

Previous Post

Nigerian Newspapers Today: Top 10 Stories This Tuesday Morning

Next Post

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Makes 15 New Appointments [Full List]

Philips News

Philips News

Philips News is an Independent online news platform owned by Nigerian journalist, Philips Sunday. We provide breaking news in Nigeria, in-depth analysis, and real-time updates on the stories shaping the nation

Related Posts

Seyi Makinde Joins 2027 Presidential Contest, Picks APM Platform
Politics

Seyi Makinde Joins 2027 Presidential Contest, Picks APM Platform

by Philips News
Why PRP Rejected Peter Obi, Kwankwaso for 2027 Alliance – Baba-Ahmed
Politics

Why PRP Rejected Peter Obi, Kwankwaso for 2027 Alliance – Baba-Ahmed

by Philips Sunday
Governor Fubara Speaks On Defecting to NDC from APC
Politics

Governor Fubara Speaks On Defecting to NDC from APC

by Philips Sunday
2027 Election: Kwankwaso Speaks On ADC and NDC Working Together
Politics

2027 Election: Kwankwaso Speaks On ADC and NDC Working Together

by Philips Sunday
BREAKING: Former President Jonathan Speaks on Contesting 2027 Presidential Election [Video]
Politics

Former President Jonathan Speaks on Contesting 2027 Presidential Election [Video]

by Philips Sunday
Next Post
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Makes 15 New Appointments [Full List]

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Makes 15 New Appointments [Full List]

Latest

Sandra Breaks Silence, Reveals Ladies Allegedly Connected to Frank Edoho [Full List]
Entertainment

Sandra Breaks Silence, Reveals Ladies Allegedly Connected to Frank Edoho [Full List]

Seyi Makinde Joins 2027 Presidential Contest, Picks APM Platform
Politics

Seyi Makinde Joins 2027 Presidential Contest, Picks APM Platform

Why PRP Rejected Peter Obi, Kwankwaso for 2027 Alliance – Baba-Ahmed
Politics

Why PRP Rejected Peter Obi, Kwankwaso for 2027 Alliance – Baba-Ahmed

EFCC Arrests Energy Commission DG Mustapha Abdullahi Over ₦500 Billion Fraud
News Roundup

EFCC Arrests Energy Commission DG Mustapha Abdullahi Over ₦500 Billion Fraud

Tobi Amusan Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal At ASAC 2026 [Video]
Sports Roundup

Tobi Amusan Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal At ASAC 2026 [Video]

Family Opens Up On Cause of Alexx Ebubo's Death, Where The Nollywood Actor Died
News Roundup

Family Opens Up On Cause of Alexx Ebubo’s Death, Where The Nollywood Actor Died

Popular Post

  • BREAKING: Nollywood Actor Alex Ekubo is Dead, Cause of Death Revealed

    Nollywood Actor Alex Ekubo is Dead, Cause of Death Revealed

    600 shares
    Share 240 Tweet 150
  • Full List of AMVCA 2026 Winners: Linda Ejiofor, Bucci Franklin, Uzor Arukwe Among Top Winners

    595 shares
    Share 238 Tweet 149
  • Alexx Ekubo Biography 2026: Full Life Story, Death, Career, Age, Net Worth, and Rise to Fame

    591 shares
    Share 236 Tweet 148
  • Hantavirus Update Today May 9, 2026 — Latest Cases, Death Toll & Global Tracking

    604 shares
    Share 242 Tweet 151
  • Alex Ekubo Sickness: Alex Ekubo Cause of Death – What Killed Alex Ekubo?

    590 shares
    Share 236 Tweet 148
Philips News - Latest Nigerian News & Breaking Headlines

Philips News is an Independent online news platform owned by Nigerian journalist, Philips Sunday. We provide breaking news in Nigeria, in-depth analysis, and real-time updates on the stories shaping the nation.

Relevant Pages

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

Reach Us

Ogba, Lagos Nigeria
philipsnewscom@gmail.com, admin@philipsnews.com

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: philipsnewscom@gmail.com, admin@philipsnews.com

© Philipnews.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Special Features
  • Sports

© Philipnews.com